Sunday, August 14, 2011

PE3_iMovie

Hey, everybody.

Well, I finally completed the Lynda.com iMovie'11 training.  And here's my certificate to prove it:


Hey, I'm kind of proud of myself for being able to complete this project.

It was not really that hard.  Really, it wasn't.  But with time running out and suffering from a severe summer cold and having to turn in everything according to Pacific Standard Time, it does get difficult.  But here's a "teaser" of what I created:


You might not be able to see it clearly, but on the Event Library I have "OMM Prototype," "OMM Prototype 2" and "OMM Prototype 3."  This was not a difficult trailer to put together, but I did not want to just add the same shots over and over again.  So I had to refilm for more shots, hence the versions 2 and 3.

You can watch the full trailer at the "BP7_OMM" portion of my blog.  What can I say, I'm trying to promote my video..........

But I think it came out pretty well.  It's definitely something I will show my students this school year.  And I think the trailer theme worked out pretty well for this assignment.

I'm just hoping you all approve.

Thanks for watching.

As Stan Lee always says, "'Nuff said!"

2 comments:

  1. You're right, it wasn't hard to do the assignment... but it did take up a bit of time.

    The "time management" aspect is one of the more difficult aspects of this program I think. I know it has been challenging at times for myself.

    I think it's really neat, and a good idea that you used the iMovie assignment to work on and refine your OMM project. Speaking of time management, way to kill two birds with one stone. ;)
    I kind of wish I had done the same thing, but I have to admit I liked making a separate video as well.

    It's great that your video is good enough to show to your students. How do you think they'll respond to it?

    .... you know what else Stan Lee said? "Excelsior!"
    I think that's pretty fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Marvel fan.......nice!

    I'm glad you thought that the video was good for my students. I wanted to go with the trailer theme. Since most kids are into movies, I think they can respond to the trailer theme a little better if I was just presenting the information and talking.

    Thanks for responding. And......sorry if my comments on the OMM piece made it sound like I was a bit upset. Well, I actually was. It's been a really bumpy ride for me this month.

    I hope you're doing better.

    "'Nuff said!" (there's that Stan Lee thing again.......)

    ReplyDelete