Saturday, August 20, 2011

PE4_iGoogle

For my next post and for my RILS assignment, I'm going to be introducing iGoogle.  From what we have been working so far here at Full Sail University, iGoogle has been something that has become somewhat paramount for all of us.  I know that I have pretty much replaced my home page with iGoogle.  Here's what my iGoogle home page looks like:



What you see is the view of both the "top" and the "bottom" of the page, since I didn't want to put the whole page on on slide.

One of the things I like about iGoogle is that you can configure the home page and add quite a number of links and "gadgets" which allow you to see a whole lot of what the Internet had to offer.  The "settings" option also allows you to configure the tabs that you could use on the home page.  In essence, you could have a number of "landing pages" on your single home page.  It's actually a good option; you could configure iGoogle, for example, to work for home, school, and work, all on one single page:





I'm still working on what is available and what my target audience could use.

I'll end this for now.  The next post should be the video on how you could configure iGoogle with some of the different options it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment